Recipe for Goja:
4 cups grated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup brown sugar
5 cups flour
2 sticks cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix in cold butter with the flour until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add water until the mixture comes together when kneading.
- Form into a log, about two, and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This allows the butter to solidify and form a flaky crust
- Mix together the coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and sugar.
- Remove one log from the refrigerator and, working quickly, cut into three-inch
- Roll into a circle and add mixture to one half, folder over and seal with a fork to close.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Article Categories:Daily Updates